The mission of Palm Beach NeuroRehabilitation Spasticity Clinic is to significantly improve the quality of life of children and adults living with spasticity by providing industry-leading treatment options and individualized care.
What is Spasticity
Spasticity is the Hallmark of neurological disease and is seen in patients with tight, stiff muscles, which makes it difficult to control your arms, legs or body. It can cause spasms, pain and disability. It is considered severe when it gets in the way of daily activity, sleep patterns and care-giving. Spasticity occurs when nerves in the brain or spinal cord that control movements are damaged. It develops as a complication of the following conditions:
Symptoms of Spasticity
- Impaired walking
- Abnormal posture
- Carrying the shoulder, arm, wrist or finger at an abnormal angle because of muscle tightness
- Exaggerated deep tendon reflexes
- Repetitive jerky motions
Treatments for Spasticity
- Oral medications
- Administering neurotoxins, such as Botox to treat focal spasticity
- Using and managing Intrathecal Baclofen (ITB) Pumps to control severe spasticity
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Surgical intervention
Complications of Spasticity
- Joint deformities
- Scoliosis of Spine
- Difficulties sitting, standing, walking
- Difficulties with ADL (Act of Daily Living)
- Difficulties with speech and swallowing
If you or a family member currently have an Intrathecal Baclofen Pump to control severe spasticity
We refill your baclofen pump right here at our clinic. Based on your pattern of use we set up your refill schedule so you don’t have to worry about it.
To make an appointment to schedule an evaluation call us at 561-841-8545.
We help you manage your spasticity and your health
PB NeuroRehab Spasticity Clinic Accepts Medicaid
We are one of the only spasticity clinics in the area that accepts medicaid. Our focus is on helping you and your family improve your quality of life. Call us at 561-841-8545 for more information or to schedule an appointment.